Today’s fast-paced, ever-changing economy is full of both entrepreneurs and businesses trying to make their name. It’s competitive, and one must be confident, imaginative, and have the drive to succeed. It’s no secret that obtaining success is far from easy – there will be plenty of hiccups along the way with wrong turns and failed attempts, so it’s vital to remember the importance of perseverance.
Personally, I’m not afraid to admit that I’ve failed along the way, and I’m sure that’s something that we can all relate to at some point throughout our careers. Not everything always goes as planned, but I’ve learned throughout my career that perseverance is key, and that hard work does pay off.
With that said, here are 20 business quotes that capture the mindset that every aspiring entrepreneur and business owner must have if they wish to be successful.
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” –Albert Einstein
- “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” –Larry Page
- “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” –Mark Cuban
- “Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a wants to create.” –David Karp
- “Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.” –Frederick B. Wilcox
- “Success is walking from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill
- “If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late.” –James Goldsmith
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” –Helen Keller
- “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” –Vince Lombardi
- “Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” –Thomas Edison
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” –Walt Disney
- “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” –William Durant
- “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” –Will Rogers
- “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” –Thomas Watson, Sr.
- “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” –Henry Ford
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” –John C. Maxwell
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” –Bill Gates
- “High expectations are the key to everything.” –Sam Walton
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” –Steve Jobs
If you’re an entrepreneur or business owner, what inspires you to do what you do? Are there any quotes on this list, or not on this list that you live by for your business model? Let us know in the comments below!