Simply put, it’s important to have business cards. Despite the fact that we’re living in a digital age where people are now connecting with each other on social networks like LinkedIn, business cards definitely still matter. Having business cards handy is just one great habit of many that highly successful business leaders have, and if you don’t have them already, then you’re missing out on big opportunities to not only market your business but also promote yourself.
There are so many different types of unique and creative business cards out there. It’s important to stand out from the competition, and you can do that by developing a design that is different and engaging and is something that recipients of your business card will truly remember. Not only does having a really creative design make you stand out, but it promotes you and your business in a way that shows your creativity, that you think outside of the box, and that you have a true knack for what it is you’re representing.
Creative design and a little imagination is sometimes all it takes. With that said, here are some types of creative business cards to help inspire a new card for you.
- Technology-based Cards: Depending on your field, how about making your card look like a mobile interface? Other options could be to make your card have the look of a social media profile or a computer’s desktop, depending on the field that you’re in.
- Edible Cards: If you’re in the food industry, especially a bakery, this is a fun idea that those you hand it out to will really enjoy. Not only does this type of business card have your company’s name on it, but people can test your product!
- Foldable Cards: Foldable cards can work great, especially for businesses that sell furniture, for example.
- Physical Objects: While they may not always be easy for the recipient to carry, they’re one of the coolest types of business cards out there. Now that I think of it, how cool would a business card in the form of a bottle opener keychain be?
- Creative Cards with Inserts: These are perhaps my favorite type of creative business cards. This type of design could apply to many different types of business where one could hand out a very small box with a small sampling of a product inside, with the business name and contact information on the box.
Branding is also important, so if your company’s logo has a lot of vibrant colors to it, capitalize on that and really make your card stand out by being very catchy to the eye. It can’t be stressed enough how important it is to not only have a business card to hand out but to have one that truly stands out from the rest.
What’s your business card like, and do any of these designs inspire you to change yours up a little bit? Do you already have a unique design to your business card? If so, we want to hear about it. Let us and our readers know below in the comments section.