The survey was conducted medical staff from the University of California hospital in San Francisco to identify the impact of whiteboards as a communication tool.
Summarized results included:
- Nurses were more likely to use the whiteboards for “goal of the day” or “anticipated discharge date” information
- Hospital operations believed that nurses and physicians should team up to create “goals of the day,” however, nurses should be responsible for the information on the whiteboard
- Family contact information was the most important information to put on a whiteboard
- All of the respondents believed that the use of whiteboards could improve teamwork, communication and patient care
Recommendations from survey conductors:
- Whiteboards should be put near a patient’s bedside
- Create whiteboard templates
- Nurses should write on and update whiteboards as needed
To learn more about the survey and results, visit http://bit.ly/1DGc2G1.To view the variety of hospital whiteboards available through Magnatag Visible Systems, visit http://bit.ly/1Mi2aTW.