We have gone into great detail on here in the past about the many benefits there are to having whiteboards around the office. With all types of whiteboards, there are plenty of positive effects that they can have on your working environment. However, whiteboards aren't just useful for the office: They're also great to have inside the home. Personally, my family and I have benefited from having whiteboards in our home in more ways than one.
For our family, staying organized and keeping everything in order is of the utmost importance. Trust me, if you're more organized, life is much more enjoyable. With that said, here are some ways that you can benefit from having whiteboards around your home.
- Keep a Calendar: It's hard to stay completely organized without something to help you stay organized. There are various types of whiteboard calendars out there, all of which can help you stay on track with your busy family life, job, and any other events that may be going in the near future. The best part about a whiteboard calendar, too, is that it's bigger, allowing you more freedom.
- Stay Motivated: It never hurts to have a little bit of inspiration each day. My family and I love to put a "Motivational Quote of the Week" on the board to help us all stay inspired and get through the week. Another great part of this is that we all write down great things that have happened to us. It keeps us happy knowing that others in the family are doing great things and staying motivated. It's contagious!
- Running Grocery List: My personal favorite use of a whiteboard in the home is keep a running grocery list. When we run out of something at the house, we immediately write it down on the whiteboard, and if either my wife or I are planning on making a trip to the market that day, we will simply take a photo of the whiteboard with our smartphone. Having the whiteboard in the house for this reason is very convenient!
- Whiteboards Are Fun: Family game night is always fun, but how about switching things up a little bit? With a whiteboard in the house, you can play games that will be a good change of pace from things like your traditional board games. It's not just games that you can play, either, as having whiteboards in the house is a fun and new way to get creative. We really enjoy drawing on the whiteboard. If anything, it's a good stress reliever!
- Organization is Important: Again, perhaps most importantly of all, a whiteboard in the home can help keep you organized. I've found that one of the best uses for this is to split the whiteboard in your home office into two separate categories, one for work that still needs to be taken care of and one for work that has been completed. I've found that it's rather motivating to see it all laid out in front of you and have to try and move tasks from the left side to the right side of the board!
Have you or do you use whiteboards in your home for any reasons? If you've had them in your home as well, what have you found is the biggest benefit? Show your thoughts with us in the comments section below.